16.08.2008 Women call for life and justice
WOMEN CALL FOR LIFE AND JUSTICE
We ask all women of the world to join our appeal and to support our demands.
We are already collecting signatures for this appeal. We require investigation of all aspects of the military action in Georgia. This is not easy, but we have to stop the insane killings. Women of the world, let's do it together.
We condemn mass killings of peaceful population, especially the disproportionate loss of women's and children's lives.
We believe that missile shooting of cities and villages are the barbarous acts.
During the current state of war between Georgia and Russia we call on the world community to:
- Take urgent measures to stop bombing and shootings, which kill peaceful population;
- Condemn actions of the governments who started the war, as illegal and violating established international legal norms;
- Bring to the conflict zones on Georgian territory the peacekeeping force, that has not been compromised by direct participating in the military actions;
- Investigate all circumstances of the military actions in South Ossetia and Georgia and bring to justice those who are responsible for it according to the international law;
- Arrange urgent and effective humanitarian assistance to population of all the areas affected by the military actions.